Magnetic Nord is the story about our homestead in Northern Minnesota on the shore of Lake Superior.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Framing walls

I finally feel like I'm on familiar ground again: woodworking.  I've spent the last couple of weeks framing interior walls for the bedroom and bathroom and am proud to report that we officially have rooms!  

I first built the center wall.

  I then framed the door opening and associated wall.  Voila: a bedroom!

Next I framed the walls which enclose the bathroom area.

View as seen from the entry door looking towards the bedroom and living room area.

Gotta be square.

Working wood on a cozy winter afternoon.

Walls done, the next step is the rough-in wiring and kitchen flooring.  I've been spending an evening a week cutting trees and clearing the lake view.  In short, we're moving along; working for a couple hours every day taking care of one small project away at a time...







No comments:

Post a Comment